|I love this Erin Condren life planner that I won from Danny@Mommy For Reals!|
I wasn't participating in the Zakka Sew Along, but I was thinking about making a pen case to stick in my purse and this week just happened to be Pencil Case week. Organizational containers in my purse usually end up empty within the week, but I like this case so hopefully my pens will make a permanent home in it. Sticking everything in the main compartment is just so convenient, except for the whole taking thirty minutes to find anything aspect! Instead of the strips, I used some random Stitch in Color scraps I had. I knew those pieces I messed up on would come in handy someday! I left them a bit wonky, because Stitch in Color lends itself to that look. It took me a little bit to wrap my head around the step before turning, but thankfully the A-HA moment came! Sometimes you just have to stare at the directions until it comes to you. This would be an awesome gift and it took way less than an hour to put together!
Fresh Sewing Day: Buried at the bottom of the post, because I am embarrassed at my lack of progress:
Some months I am amazed at all the progress I have made...this is not one of those months! I have worked on a few things:
- Charmed Star Quilt Top Done - Quilting in progress!
- Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - Started. 4 Blocks down, about 1000 left to go ;)
- Diamond Lace Shawl - Not technically sewing, but DONE!
- No Tie Bowties - DONE!
- Xs and Os - Still making pinwheels and diamonds.
- Charlotte Top - Basted
- Sew.Happy.Quilt. QAL Quilt - Basted
- Finish quilting and binding Charmed Stars
- Mother's Day Table Runner Quilt Sew. Happy. Quilt.
- Quilt Charlotte Quilt
- Finish Xs and Os Quilt
- 16 more Farmer's Wife Blocks
Copyright© From Pixels to Patchwork 2012. All rights reserved.